Whoever says that things can’t be delicious AND healthy, can kiss my ass.
I beg to differ.
Today I have a recipe for you that is not only paleo compliant, but whole 30 approved as well! And it has bacon in it… how can you really go wrong with bacon? (The answer is: You can’t)
Chicken and Bacon Guacamole (Paleo and Whole 30)
- 1 lb of chicken
- 1/2 package bacon
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 white onion
- minced garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1-2 limes
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken onto a baking pan and rub with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Bake for 20-40 mins, depending on size of chicken (Heat to 165 degrees)
- While chicken is cooking, fry bacon in a skillet until crispy
- Once chicken is cooked and cooled, cut the chicken and bacon into bite size pieces. Set aside
- Guacamole time!
- In a large bowl, core and gut the innards of an avocado
- Mash the avocado until nice and smooth
- Dice the tomato, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Add the garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, cayenne (add the amounts to your liking by tasting)
- Mix everything together very well
- Add the bacon and chicken
NOW! If you are whole 30 or a strict paleo, you can just stop right here. You could eat this on top of a salad, or even by itself– it’s pretty good without anything.
But if you aren’t that strict about your diet, I think this would be really good as a dip with some tortilla chips. But what I ended up doing with it was eating it as a wrap/burrito with rice and beans, and daiya cheese, on a spinach wrap.
This recipe is pretty simple and quick, and other than the avocado turning brown… it stays in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Hope you guys give it a try and like it!