I’ve been slacking a lot on posting food on my blog!
I’m really going to try and do it more often.
This one is an EXTREMELY simple meal-prep recipe that I’ve done in the past many times, but this is the first time I’ve done it as a gluten-free version. Here’s how it’s done:
MEAL PREP (Gluten Free) Ham, Mac, and Cheese
(You’ll also need at least 2 disposable baking pans for this as well)
- Gluten Free Elbow Mac noodles
- Gluten Free Panko
- 1 package of cheese (16 oz is what I use, but it’s A LOT of cheese! You def. don’t need to use the whole package like I do)
- 1 package of cubed ham
- 2 tblspns minced garlic
- Onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Cook noodles according to directions on package. Drain and let cool
- Cube the package of cheese into small bite sized cubes
- Combine cooked noodles, cubed cheese, cubed ham, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper in a buttered disposable baking pan.
- Top with panko bread crumbs.
- Cover with aluminum foil and freeze
This makes one large pan of noodles, enough for 4 people. I personally prefer really crunchy noodles and cheese, so I ended up splitting it in two shallow pans. Plus I only need enough to feed two, so it was perfect really. One for now, one for later. If you have a bigger family, double the recipe if you want to have one left over.
When you’re ready to eat it, preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 30 mins. Then broil for 3 minutes, or until the panko crumbs are nice and golden brown.